Family portraits are the perfect opportunity to record all of your important moments. Whether you're welcoming a new member to your family, capturing another year together, or cherishing moments with aging loved ones.
It can be challenging as your family grows to get everyone in the same place at the same time. Family portraits are a great way to bring your entire family together. We'll help your family create lasting memories by creating stunning images that you can appreciate for many years to come.
Tips for Family Portraits:
- We recommend that large groups coordinate their outfits to create beautiful and timeless family photos.
- Decide on a color scheme - keep in mind where you want to hang your portraits in your home and what colors are in that room.
- Select one focal piece - find one patterned piece that you love. It can be anything from a boy's plaid shirt to a girl's floral dress. It helps to plan around that central piece.
- Pick 2-3 colors - it's a good idea to pick 2-3 colors as your main colors, then consider neutrals (grays, browns, whites) to compliment those main color choices.
- Layers & Accessories - cardigans, jewelry, hats, scarfs, headbands, tights, ties, etc. add character, dimension, and texture which personalizes your portraits.
- Comfort - ensure that everyone feels as comfortable as possible. Nice jeans and a simple shirt never go out of style! Family portraits that are genuine and natural always outshine a stiff, formal one.
- Relax & have fun! Let your personalities shine through.